Home health care offers an extensive range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is less expensive, more convenient, and is as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Examples of skilled home health services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Rehabilitation Therapies which include - Physical, Occupational, & Speech
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
- Medical Care for premature babies with special health concerns
The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care professionals help you get better, regain your independence, maintain your dignity, and become as self-sufficient as possible.